Greener by the day: TITAN continues to invest in sustainable equipment

Published:
A Greener Future

TITAN Containers is on a mission to replace all fossil fuel-powered empty container handlers (ECHs) by 2030. The latest investment in this greener future has seen the storage solution provider bring in eight new all-electric container handlers for managing storage containers and depots.

Handling a fleet of over 50,000 containers across 100+ sites worldwide—including 28 depots in the United Kingdom—is no small task. With storage containers as big as 40-ft long, empty container handlers (ECH) are a crucial part of providing the safe and secure storage solutions that TITAN customers expect.

As the UK continues its work toward the 17 Sustainable Development Goals and its commitment to reaching net-zero emissions by 2050, it’s more important than ever for UK businesses across all sectors to invest in green energy.

Now, customers can get that same service they’re used to without the fossil fuel-powered machinery—and it doesn’t stop there.

WHAT ARE TITAN CONTAINERS DOING TO OPERATE MORE SUSTAINABLY?

Throughout 2023, TITAN Containers acquired eight new all-electric container handlers to support its goal of a greener future.

The first delivery in this exciting transition included five Ferrari CVS ZE-Lift empty container handlers, which replaced fossil fuel handlers at various European container centres.

Alongside these, TITAN also acquired three Carer A120X all-electric 12-ton forklifts. TITAN now uses these forklifts for fork pocket container handling across container centres in Adelaide and Newcastle NSW, as well as in the recently-opened depot in Kolding, Denmark.

That’s not all. TITAN also invested in ten all-electric vans to use across depot centres around the world. That’s on top of the fact that 70% of TITAN’s car fleet was already electric.

Layland Barker, TITAN Containers Founder and Director, shares the impact of this new equipment and TITAN’s plans for the future:

“With these deliveries, we’ve realised around a 25% reduction in fossil fuel consumption compared with 2021. The majority of the remaining 75% we expect to phase out over the coming four or five years.”

TITAN is also making steps towards a greener future by investing in solar energy. The recently opened storage depot in Kolding, Denmark was the first TITAN depot to be 100% solar-powered, and isn’t set to be the last by any means.

Layland Barker shares his plans for continuing to grow TITAN Containers sustainably over the coming years:

“Three TITAN sites are already 100% supplied with TITAN-generated electricity and we have installed our first public EV charger. As we can generate more electricity than we use during the working day we plan to introduce more EV charging facilities at suitable sites later over the coming years. We wish to lead by example.”

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR TITAN CONTAINERS IN THE UK?

This transition to eco-friendly machinery means that UK customers will continue to enjoy the service they expect, without contributing to the 78% of UK energy that’s powered by fossil fuels.

When UK customers use our storage depots and self storage containers, they can rest assured in the knowledge that we’re working hard to provide sustainable solutions across all our facilities. Our all-electric equipment and vehicles, solar-powered energy initiatives, and plans for more EV charging points are all part of a wider plan to grow green.

Get in touch today to ask about our latest green initiatives, and how you can start storing your goods as soon as tomorrow with TITAN Containers.

TITAN CONTAINERS ARE CERTIFIED TO, OR CAN SUPPORT COMPLIANCE WITH, THE FOLLOWING ACCREDITATIONS

  • ISO Certification 9001
  • ISO Certification 14001 TITAN Containers
  • CE Certification TITAN Containers
  • HACCP Certificate
  • Good Distribution Practice Certificate
  • NPSA